Georgatos Photis, < email@example.com>
- v0.5, 15-01-1998 Georgatos Photis, < firstname.lastname@example.org>
- v0.6, 08-12-2005 Edited: Neil Cherry
- v0.7, 01-25-2007 Edited: Neil Cherry < email@example.com>
- V1.0, 2004-08-29 Fotis Georgatos , < firstname.lastname@example.org> - Georgatos still maintains his Coffee HOWTO
One of the most bothersome remarks on software, I have ever heard, is whether this or that thing can make coffee. So, Linux DOES make coffee. And it tastes good too! - Georgatos Photis
For a long time, humanity was wondering how could a computer make coffee... People need coffee to get wake up and remain awake when working in front of the computer for a long time. Everyone knows that coding is better at night...
The main problem is how to control the coffee machine with the computer, so that it can be controlled by software. This generally means an ON/OFF switch implemented as a circuit which controls the coffee-machine's power supply.
So here is the Coffee Howto
Editors note: For the humor impaired, ObSmiley ;-)
- 2.1 Driving voltage 0-5V from the computer
- 2.2 Controlling with a Relay
- 2.3 Controlling with TRIAC #1
- 2.4 Controlling with TRIAC #2